Using the Music DIY feature, we will play your music directly through your App. Simply upload the URL where your music track is stored via the CMS and turn your App into a music player for your subscribers.
Follow the steps below to update the feature in the Content Management System.
- Login into your App’s Content Management System (the login details are provided to you once you have purchased a DIY AppDesigner subscription).
- Select the Music DIY Feature in the Manage section of the CMS.
- Click the “Add” button found at the top of the matrix.
- Fill in the information for your music track.
- Click “Save” found at the top of the matrix.
To edit a music track, click on the pencil icon on the right side of the entry in the matrix view. Click the trash can icon to delete a music track.
To rearrange the tracks, grab the handle on the right side of your entry to rearrange the order it will be displayed in the app.
The audio files the music player accepts are either AAC-LC audio (up to 48 kHz) or mp3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3 up to 48 kHz). This includes the following extensions: mp3, m4a, m4b, m4p, m4v, m4r, 3gp, mp4 and aac.
Subscribers can listen to music even after exiting the app. Listening to music requires an internet connection. Tracks are not kept on the device’s storage.
NOTE: Not all media codecs are guaranteed to be available on all Android platform versions. For best results on Android, we recommend using AAC-LC audio. Please check the Android Developer website for more information.
Once your App is published, clicking “Update” found on the right side of the CMS‘s navigation bar will make all changes “live” for your subscribers to see.