The Loyalty feature allows you, businesses and organisations, big or small, the ability to reward subscribers with redeemable discounts and specials. Keep your subscribers engaged and promote brand loyal.
Subscribers receive points for purchases and engagement behaviours that can be redeemed in-store. Create any number of rewards, manage all points and redeemable “call-to-actions” within your App CMS. The Loyalty feature is also a great way to build a usable mailing list.
Follow the steps below to add Loyalty Rewards via the Content Management System.
- Login into your App’s Content Management System (the login details are provided to you once you have purchased a DIY AppDesigner subscription).
- Select the Loyalty Program Feature in the Manage section of the CMS.
- Click the “Add” button found at the top of the matrix.
- Fill in the name and description of the reward.
- Stipulate the point value of the item.
- If there is a limit about of this Reward, add it to the Maximum number of redemptions field. If there is an unlimited about, leave field blank.
- Add a “Valid from” and “Valid until” date.
- Click “Save” found at the top of the matrix.
To edit a Loyalty Reward, click on the pencil icon on the right side of the entry in the matrix view. Click the trash can icon to delete an Reward.
To rearrange the Rewards, grab the handle on the right side of your entry to rearrange the order it will be displayed in the app.
Once your App is published, clicking “Update” found on the right side of the CMS‘s navigation bar will make all changes “live” for your subscribers to see.
Depending on whether an admin is logged into your app, the Loyalty Card block functions differently.
As a merchant, you would log into the App using your CMS credentials you are provided. You enter the Loyalty Program just like all other users. You will use the loyalty card area to reward customers credits that they can later redeem for prizes, discounts or rewards.
To award points to customers, complete the following steps:
- Go to the Loyalty Program feature in your app. It will open to your user profile and personal QR code.
- Click on the “Merchant” button in the top right corner.
- Scan the customer’s personal QR code with your device.
- Add or subtract points to the user under “Customer Info” and hit “Confirm” to reward the points to him/her.
- If you’ve made a mistake, go back to the QR code scanner and tap on “Administration.” Find the user’s name in the list and tap on it to get the same “Customer Info” page. Make the appropriate adjustments.
Subscribers who enter the loyalty card feature can view the total number of points they have earned, check on the rewards that are available, and offer their QR codes to the merchant to get more points or redeem one of the rewards.
To get your reward points:
Present your personal QR code (first page in the Loyalty Program feature) to the merchant for scanning.
The merchant will then assign the appropriate amount of points or credits to you.
To redeem a reward:
- Go to the first page of the Loyalty Program feature in the app.
- Press the “Rewards” button and pick a reward you are interested in and qualify for based on the number of points you have.
- Push the “Redeem” button at the top of the page.
- Present the reward QR code to the merchant for scanning. The appropriate number of points will be deducted from your account.
NOTE: To see an overview of the transactions that have occurred through the Loyalty Program Feature, and the subscribers running point count. Go to the Content Management System and click on the “Users” tab.
Upon purchase of a DIY AppDesigner subscription, you will need to fill in an Activation Form prior to your App being published to Apple’s App Store and Google’s Play Store. The Activation form will ask for the Email Address you would like transaction reports to be sent.