The Coupons Feature allows large retailers to small shop owners the ability to promote specials, promotions and % discounts directly to subscribers and monetise your services or products. Exclusive in-App offers to subscribers is a place where they can feel special and rewarded for their loyalty.
Coupons can be redeemed in-store and are a great way to gain valuable customer data like names, emails and phone numbers for your mailing list. Coupons include: image, offer, description, QR and barcodes and T&C’s. Create and edit an unlimited number of coupons via the App CMS.
Follow the steps below to update the feature in the Content Management System.
- Login into your App’s Content Management System (the login details are provided to you once you have purchased a DIY AppDesigner subscription).
- Select the Coupons Feature in the Manage section of the CMS.
- Click the “Add” button found at the top of the matrix.
- You can then enter the coupon’s title, description, image, you can specify if the coupon is a “on-time offer,” the date range that the coupon is valid, and the details asked of customers registering to use a one-time offer coupon. Merchants can add a barcode as an image if they have discounts that can be scanned. Please note, though, that this doesn’t always work depending on the brightness of the devices screen.
- Once you are happy with the content, click “Save” found at the top of the matrix.
To edit a coupon, click on the pencil icon that appears when you hover over the coupon in the matrix view. Click the trash can icon to delete a location.
Create your coupon. The most important setting that can influence how the coupon operates is the “One-time offer” option. Selecting this option will limit the number of times a user on a specific device can use this coupon. Users will need to submit certain information in order to redeem the Coupon. Even if they delete the app and reinstall it, redeemed coupons will stay redeemed.
Subscribers can redeem regular coupons at any time by showing the merchant the coupon in the app. For one-time offer coupons, the customer should fill in the required information and submit it in the presence of a merchant.